A properly organised van storage is essential for any business using a cargo van in their daily work. Keeping things in order not only makes everything easier to find and keep track of supply but also reduces the risk of the equipment being damaged.
But where to start? What to get? How to organise it?
To help you answer these questions, we’ve compiled this guide on vehicle storage systems so you have one less thing to worry about.
Vehicle storage racking
There are loads of different easy and cost-efficient vehicle storage racking solutions bringing order to your cargo space. Whether it’s small plastic bins, large shelves and drawers, or a false floor, there’s a vehicle storage racking system for every type of van and needs. It all depends on the size of your van and how much space you have.
Bins, boxes, nets
Simple bins, boxes, and nets are ideal vehicle storage racking for smaller vans. They’re light, small and easy to install. Of course, they work equally well in larger vans also, adding some extra storage space for loose items to supplement the larger storage spaces.
- Work van storage bins come in all shapes and sizes. Larger stacking bins are ideal if you’re looking for a more adaptable way to carry larger items, or why not go for a panel with multiple smaller bins for easy access and storage of smaller items?
- Storage boxes tend to be larger than bins, able to be stacked on top of each other to make the most out of the cargo space. They also come with a lid to keep the items safe and secure.
- Van storage nets are great for keeping loose items from rolling around during transit and makes the most out of walls and smaller spaces. They can attach to any surface to keep the cargo space clutter-free and are both super light and easy to install.
OBS! System Edström does not offer storage boxes or nets, but we would still recommend buying some to make the most out of your cargo space.
Shelves, drawers, secure storage
For vans on the bigger side, vehicle storage racking such as shelves, drawers, and secure storage is almost always essential to keep the cargo space organized. These larger, more capable storage solutions help you make the most out of your available cargo space with heavy-duty construction and ample storage space.
- Shelving makes the most out of the vertical space, providing ample space to store your items. Larger flat van shelves are ideal for bigger boxes and bins, while shelving units with smaller cubby holes allows you to separate loose items and more easily keep track of them.
- Heavy-duty van storage drawers are ideal for keeping expensive items and/or fragile items safe. Lockable drawers add an extra layer of security whilst larger cabinets of drawers add lots of storage space.
How to organise your work van
But the vehicle storage system is not everything, equally important is HOW you organise your van’s cargo space. How you want to organise your van depends on what you use it for, but here are a few general tips on how to properly organise your van to ensure efficiency in your daily work:
- Label everything! By labelling, colour-coding, or in some way marking your storage spaces, it makes it easier to find any item, as well as making it quicker to put them away.
- Store large and heavy items by the door. By keeping larger and heavy items by the door, it reduces the distance you have to carry heavier or awkwardly shaped pieces of equipment through the cargo space. Always load heavy objects as close to the floor as possible.
- Group similar items together. The most efficient way to store your van is by grouping similar items together. Doing so makes it easier to keep track of where everything is at all times.
- Create task-oriented toolboxes for daily tasks. When you need to carry out a specific task, just locate the allocated toolbox and everything you need is one place where you won’t have to search for each item.
- Make it easy to put things away. To ensure everything is kept where it’s meant to be, make it as effortless as possible to put away your equipment. This makes packing away quick and convenient, which means you’re less likely to give up and dump the items in the wrong place.
Invest in-vehicle storage systems from System Edström
System Edström offers both standard and customised van racking solutions. Whichever industry you’re in, we provide you with a complete range of high-quality vehicle storage systems to ensure the inside of your van is as flexible and safe as possible.
If you’re unsure about what products and systems to decorate your van with, we recommend you use our high-tech drawing program to plan and create the outlines for your vehicle in 3D. You can draw layouts and test different internal van racking systems to see what suits you and your van best, either on your own or together with one of our dealers.